Last Sunday, I went home again to Pampanga to visit my Mom’s grave and also get some documents that I need. Before going to my Lolo’s house, I attended the mass at the nearby church (where I was baptized and Mom’s last mass). I was praying so hard for the mass to be in Tagalog or English, and praise God it was in English!
Anyway, the homily was so good that I had to take down notes and share it here:
(Gospel: Luke 12: 32-48)
- Ang taong laging handa, kasama sa handaan sa kalangitan (The person who is always ready will join the feast in heaven)
- HANDAAN: it’s a Filipino term for feast. When you invite people to your ‘handaan’ it means, you have prepared something for them – food, venue, yourself as a host, etc. So Handaan means “HANDA KA” (you’re ready)
- The best preparation for death is a good life. 3 ways of preparing one’s self:
- Protect yourself. Fight for your faith.
- The prize of good preparation is SALVATION.
* * *